Monday, October 17, 2011

Things that make you realise that it's fall


  • Candy corn!  (thankfully, my lovely grandmother sent me some)
  • A warm sweater under a cosy quilted jacket
  • Finding a small strand of doggie hair in said sweater, almost two months after you last saw your puppy
  • Crunchy leaves
  • Primping before heading out to the cold air
As someone who has experienced New England autumns nearly every year of my life, I can't tell you how much I miss it.  Autumn here sucks, and there are hardly any trees around that I've noticed with falling leaves.  I used to traipse around in the crunchy leaves on my way to class, and now I merely walk on the pavement.  I've realised that going to university in New England is going to be worth it, at least in the autumn, for nothing else but the weather and the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment